Goals of the Preconception Awareness Project
To improve community awareness on preconception care and prevention of non-communicable diseases (NCDs) particularly gestational diabetes (GDM) among newly married couples of Bangladesh through religious leaders.
- To organize training program on preconception care and prevention of NCDs particularly GDM for religious leaders.
- To organize training program on preconception care and prevention of NCDs particularly GDM for health service providers to facilitate the preconception care service in centres/hospitals of Diabetic Association of Bangladesh (BADAS), BADAS Affiliated Associations (AAs) and also physicians involved in extension of diabetes care (EDC) program of BADAS.
- To establish preconception care corner in centres/hospitals of BADAS and also in its AAs.
- To organise pre-conception counselling by religious leaders and health care personnel and in addition, pre-conception care by health care personnel.
- To organise community awareness programs to improve knowledge on preconception care and prevention of NCDs particularly GDM and also to alleviate religious myths and misbelieves related to family planning, pregnancy, maternal and child health through religious leaders.
- To develop a website for preconception care and prevention of NCDs particularly GDM.
- To organise counselling and care on preconception, antenatal and GDM through mobile help-line.