Planned activities to reach objectives:
- Organize training program for 400 religious leaders (Kazis).
- Organize training program for 300 health service providers (Physicians, Nurses and Diabetes Educators).
- Establish 50 preconception care corners in BADAS centres/hospitals and its AAs.
- Organise pre-conception counselling by religious leaders and health care personnel and in addition, pre-conception care by health care personnel
- Organize television and radio talk shows with religious leaders and health care providers for improving community awareness.
- Development of education/awareness materials on preconception care and prevention of GDM and associated cardiometabolic risks.
- Establish an expert advisory committee with members from BADAS, Association of Marriage Registrars (kazis), Ministry of Laws and Justice and Ministry of Health and Family Planning